Counting Sheep……..

Somewhat scarred by my attempts at a sorbetto I decided to go back to something simple. Before my sorbetto campaign, I bought some soft blue fabric with a sheep pattern on it that I planned to use for some pyjama bottoms. These were to be based on some pyjamas that I had but had come to a weary end. Hoever, I did not buy enough fabric not realising how much fabric is need for the crotch region. I am still stunned by how complex garment construction is and how take for granted it is as well. I decided to use this fabric to make some snuggly pillowcases for camping.

DSC_0360DSC_0361

I didn’t really bother with a pattern for these pillowcases but as it turned out, when I cut it in half it was the perfect size allowing for a 5/8″ seam alowance. I judged this by comparing it to an existing pillowcase. In order to have this project contain some new skill to practice, I decided to use french seams for the construction. This project also provide some more practice at controlling the sewing machine and keeping the lines straight.

DSC_0362 DSC_0363

There isn’t much more to say about this project other than the French seams were a success and I plan to use this extremely neat technique in future makes and the big kid in me is insiting on using this pillowcase tonight 🙂

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s